GA Hands & Voices is always looking for parents and/or professionals who would be
interested in contributing their time and talent to our board.
Our board function and purpose:
- To provide oversight and inspiration to the organizations’ activities and operations.
- To ensure that the organization is responsive to the perspectives and views of the
- To give directions to the organizations’ short and long term planning efforts.
- To provide public awareness about the organization and its mission.
- To engender collaborative connections between other advocacy and support organizations,
public and private agencies, and other state Hands & Voices chapters, in order to influence
- To ensure that all goals and activities of the organization are based upon the philosophy of
unbiased methodology or approach.
- To actively support the organization through direct financial contribution and/or voluntary in-
- To assist in the ongoing recruitment of potential individuals and/or service sectors to serve
on the board.
- To recruit, screen and potentially hire Executive Director of the organization.
- To give guidance and approval to the organization’s budget.
- The board may create committees as needed. The board of directors must approve the
Board Member Responsibilities:
- To attend all monthly board conference calls, Quarterly meetings and to contribute input to
goals and activities of the organization.
- To chair and/or participate on committees to help us meet our annual organizational goals.
If you can’t commit to all of this, but would like to contribute or consult with us, consider an Advisory
position, just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply:
Please fill out the board member application form (Click here for the Board Member Application)
and send it to the address below. Contact us through the email listed below with any questions. We
encourage parents and professionals from all areas of the state of Georgia to apply.
GA Hands & Voices depends on the continuing support of parents and professionals and we value
your input to this organization. Please consider this great opportunity to make a difference in the
lives of deaf and hard of hearing children and their families in Georgia.
Are You Interested in Becoming a Board Member
for GA Hands & Voices?
What works for your child is what makes the choice right.